Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Boo to U Mantle

My mantle is my absolute favorite spot to decorate in my house. I change it around all the time. I decided to decorate it for Halloween with things I already had on hand. I have an old window frame that hangs there all the time that I like to try different things with. This time I added scrapbook paper between each frame. I took some painted face pumpkins that my Mom painted for me years ago and hung them on the 3 different spaces. The lanterns are old Southern Living at Home that I added candy corn and orange candles to. The trick or treat banner was made last year as well as the purple letters. I would like it to read Boo 2 - U, but I can't find a chipboard 2. The votives and purple lights are from the clearance at Hobby Lobby last year. I spent all of $1.50 on the scrapbook paper. I like the way it turned out. (I hate the cord hanging down. Dont' have photoshop to get rid of it.)

1 comment:

  1. I discovered your blog a months ago, and impress to watch all of the inspiring things you do. You are really a genuine and talented writer and decorator. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful projects, thoughts and ideas.
    remote controlled jet

    ReplyDelete