Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Door Hanger

I was cleaning out some old Halloween decor and came across this saying. Loved the saying not the old piece of decor it was on. I wanted something for my front door that would last through the fall, not just til Halloween. I remembered a great tutorial from Jen at Tatertots and Jello http://tatertotsandjello.com/2011/09/fall-embroidery-hoop-door-hanging.html (tutorial link) She made a fall hoop for her sister. I knew it would work for my saying. I am so pleased with the results.

I printed out the saying in a plain large font. Traced it on to the back side of my burlap with a fabric pencil. Back stitched it with 4 strands of embroidery floss, doubled. Made a ruffle and hot glued it to the back. Added some fall pieces to the top and made a bow with some leftover satin ribbon I had in my stash. Enjoy



















1 comment:

  1. I love the quote and the lovely piece of decor you made of it! It's a fun twist on the traditional wreath for your front door. Great job! I'd love if you linked up to our Fall Wreath Craft Party this month!!

    ReplyDelete